- MEDIZEN HUMANCARE R&D Center
Our laboratory is devoted to the discovery and exploration of disease-related specific genes and new drug candidate genes, through genomic research on human diseases for every race and the development of new disease prevention methods. Researchers at MEDIZEN HUMANCARE R&D Center include expert researchers in genetics, molecular biology, medical statistics, and clinical pathology, and by developing M-CHECK, a unique gene and biomarker system, we are developing customized medical services through research on the prevention of genetic diseases.
- Research and Development
- Prognosis and prediction analysis of genetic diseases of individuals, for Asians and other ethnicities around the world
- Development of diagnostic chips for genetic variation related to disease prediction and physical characteristics
- Construction of an integrated diagnostic system of genetic variation based on clinical data and biomarkers
- Construction of a genetic information database (DB) that includes genetic factors, acquired environmental factors and physical measurement information
- Development of customized new drugs based on genomic analysis results
The main goal of our research (including MEDIZEN HUMANCARE R&D Center)
isto improve risk analysis algorithms for genetic diseases through genomes, biomarkers,
clinical information analysis, and more, and to develop a personalized healthcare
program based on this technology.
- Prediction Analysis Service for Disease Occurrence
By developinga program to predict the occurrence of genetic diseases for individuals including Koreans, Asians, and Western people, it is possible to predict the diseases that will appear in each ethnic group.
- For domestic clients
- For overseas clients
- For medical tourists
- Customized Healthcare Service
- ①Genome analysis of drug reaction, drug efficacy, and drug dosage
- ②Providing a personalized nutritional genomics service
- ③Providing personalized exercise therapy and information onlifestyle improvement
- ④Providing information of personalized health functional food and supplements
- ⑤Analysis of family tree to discover disease genes
- System DB and Biobanking
- ①Development and application of genetic variation system related to disease prediction
- ②Developmentof integrated diagnostic system of genomic variation, biomarkers, and clinical information
- ③Development of DB with genomic information related to cancer, chronic diseases, rare diseases, clinical information, and physical characteristics
- ④Development and utilization of biobank with the written consent of clients (planned)
The ultimate goal of this business is to improve the national health and welfare through the expansion of R&D, including
the accumulation of genetic and clinical information and biobanking.
We participate in the national policy projects of the government, and carry out joint
research with university research institutes and government-funded research centers.
- Analysis of the Risk Associated with Cardiovascular and Neurovascular Diseases
- Analysis of the Risk Associated with Endocrine and Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Analysis of the Risk Associated with Immune and Inflammatory Diseases
- Analysis of the Risk Associated with Respiratory and
- Analysis of the Risk Associated with Degenerative
Diseases and Aging-associated Diseases
- Analysis of the Risk Associated with Neuropsychiatric Diseases
- Analysis of the Genetic Risk Associated with Cancer
- Analysis of the Risk Associated with Childhood and Adolescent Diseases
- Analysis of the Risk Associated with Drug Metabolism/Drug Response
(e.g. antiplatelet drugs, anticoagulants, and anticancer drugs) Related to Skin Diseases
- Analysis of Physical Characteristics and Other Genetic Characteristics
- Analysis of Family Tree for Genetic Diseases
- We perform SNP discovery using sequencers, and select target SNP by using statistical programs.
- TaqMan®Assay : We provide genotyping results of known SNPs for various sample amounts via the optimization system using the AB 7500FAST Real-Time PCR system.
- High-capacity analysis results are provided within the shortest time using high-throughput multiplex genotyping equipment such as the Quantstudio 6 flex and Quantstudio12k flex.
- Droplet Digital™ PCR system : Thisis a new-concept device that is utilized for NGS library preparation, and exhibits genotyping accuracy with a higher level of sensitivity than real-time PCR.
Sequence analysis for specific genes is performed using the ABI 3730 DNA analyzer.
We also provide additional services such as DNA extraction, PCR, cloning, etc. that are necessary for sequence analysis.
NGSNext Generation Sequencing
This is a technology to produce high-volume analysis data for whole genomes, whole exomes, or target gene sequencing within the shortest possible time using the next generation sequence analyzer (NextSeq).
We perform prompt NGS analysis by installing breast cancer BRCA1/2, TP53 panel, cancer panels, etc. using Fluidigm’s Access Array™ System.
- 7500 Fast Real-Time PCR System
This is an equipment used for the amplification of specific genes (DNA) for the diagnosis of diseases.
Nucleic acids are automatically amplified using the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) process, and by monitoring the production process of PCR amplification products in real time, the amount of target DNA is analyzed.
- QuantStudio 12K Flex Real-Time PCR System
This is an equipment that is used to amplify specific genes (DNA) for the diagnosis of diseases.
It is used tomonitor the increase in the amount of samples to be confirmed in real time with the thermal cycler, which amplifies genetic materials throughpolymerase chain reaction (PCR).
- ABI 3730 DNA Analyzer
- This is equipment that can be used in the application field of DNA fragment analysis such as microsatellites, AFLP, SNP analysis, mutation detection, and traditional DNA sequencing, and can obtain the highest quality data at avery low per-samplecost.
- QuantStudio 6 Flex Real-Time PCR System
- This is a real-time PCR device that can confirm the amplification and accumulation of genes in real time. The main body consists of a heat block and a light source device, and the device is used by selecting the type of sample block that is most convenient for the user. The heat block amplifies genes by repeatedly circulating the sample at certain temperature intervals, and the light source device detects fluorescent substances bound with genes by illuminating light.
- NextSeq 500 System
- The NextSeq 500 System is equipment that has a high-speed integrated sample-to-results workflow. This equipmentcan analyze exomes, target gene panels, and transcriptomes at high efficiency, and has flexibility for analysis by converting to low efficiency as needed.
- QX200 Droplet Digital PCR systerm
- The QX200 Droplet Digital PCR (ddPCR™) System can achieve absolute quantification by calculating the copy of target DNA with the 3rd generation PCR technology, and exhibits an approximately1,000-fold increase in sensitivity and accuracycompared to conventional real time PCR. It can be widely used in copy-number variation (CNV) analysis of cancer-related genes and diagnostic fields for detecting mutations, or in research fields related to detecting rare targets such as plasma, cell free DNA, miRNA, which were difficult to study using existing methods, and NGS-based research.
- 2100 Bioanalyzer Instruments
- This is equipment that is capable of quantitatively or qualitatively analyzing DNA, RNA, and proteins using lab chips and the laser detection system. Accurate size comparison is enabled byan analytic method that can adjust to compensate forthe swelling phenomenon foundin electrophoresis using an existing buffer system. It also has the advantages of high precision and reproducibility of results.
- Epoch Microplate Spectrophotometer
This is a monochromator-based microplate spectrophotometer.
Filters are not required, and the target wavelength can be selected over a wide wavelength range.
- Bar-code system
- By introducing the bar-code system, we have established a system that automatically stores and manages samples and analysis information.